Harvard Squarely Beaten.

PRINCETON WINS IN A STUBBORNLY CONTESTED GAME BY A SCORE OF 12 TO 0.

[Special from Princetonian.]PRINCETON, N. J., Nov. 13.

To-day was fair, to every one's delight. When, at 2.15, both teams filed out upon the athletic field, a heavy northwest wind was blowing across it, and the ground was slippery; but there was no rain. New seats had been erected on the grounds, and all these, and the old ones were crowded with spectators. The audience was reckoned at 2500, of which a large part were ladies.

Referee Walter Camp, of Yale, called time at 2.30, and the teams took their positions; Princeton, having won the toss, was at the west goal. Harvard's champions were: Rushers, Holden, Butler, Burgess, Brooks, Woodman, Remington, Harding; quarter-back, Fletcher, (Dudley); half-backs, Sears and Porter; full back, Peabody. Princeton was represented by: Rushers, H. Hodge, Cook, Cowan, George, Irvine, Moore, Wagenhurst; quarter-back, R. Hodge; half-backs, Price and Ames; full back, Savage, (capt.)

The ball was put in play by Harvard, and dribbled to Holden, who gained twenty yards. Fletcher pushed it further forward, but was downed by Price. Sears, Burgess and Fletcher each have another trial, but the ball remains in the same place and goes to Princeton on four downs. Harvard again secures the ball by breaking through the rush line, and Princeton recaptures it in the same manner. Ames is downed after a short rush, and Savage punts to Porter, who muffs, and Princeton gets the ball. After ineffectual attempts at rushing, Princeton loses the ball, but Sears fails to run more than five yards. Peabody punts to Price, and the ball is downed near Princeton's goal. However, Harvard loses the advantage. Her rushers do not block hard, and magnificent rushes of Cowan and Cook bring the ball into her territory, and Ames secures the first touchdown for Princeton after a brilliant rush. R. Hodge kicks a goal; time, 13 minutes.

The ball was again put in play by Harvard, this time going to Porter, who carried it twenty yards. After some block-play, Peabody punts out of bounds, and Holden gets the ball, which is lost to Princeton after a short rush of Sears'. Savage punts and Peabody returns it, and again Harvard tries to advance the ball, without effect. Fine rush-line work by Princeton brings the ball up the field; Cowan, R. Hodge and Irvine distinguishing themselves. Price now made a splendid run, passing to Moore, who, when downed, was but a yard from Harvard's goal. Ames easily rushed it over the line, securing the second and last touchdown for Princeton in 29 minutes. R. Hodge kicked a difficult goal.

The ball was again put in play, Holden making his usual good rush. Here the Harvard rushers ran and passed well, but invariably lost the ball when thrown with it. The ball was now at Princeton's end of the field, near the 30-yard line, but Princeton breaks through on Porter, and Harvard loses fifteen yards. Holden gains a little ground, but Porter misses a poor pass, and Princeton gets the ball in the centre of the field. Runs by R. Hodge and Cowan carry it dangerously near Harvard's goal, and Princeton, although losing the ball on a fumble, immediately regains it, and Ames carries it far into Harvard territory. Price, Cook and Ames gain but little, and rushes by Burgess, Harding, Fletcher and Sears recover nearly all the lost ground, and time is called with Princeton's ball slightly in Harvard territory.

Princeton opens the second half by a magnificent run of Ames who is only downed at Harvard's 15-yard line. Princeton loses the ball to Burgess after being forced back ten yards, and Porter sends it well up the field, where it goes down at Princeton's 35-yard line. Here, Fletcher and Butler collide and the former bruises his eye; Dudley takes his place. Princeton loses the ball, and Sears, by a magnificent punt sends it to Princeton's 25-yard line, where Remington tackles Savage before he can return it. This advantage is of but momentary duration, for runs by Ames, Price and Cowan bring the ball back further into Harvard's territory, Savage here made a good try for a field-goal, but missed on account of the wind. Holden and Harding prevent dangerous rushes by superior tackling, and Dudley secures the ball; Remington made a good run, but lost the ball when tackled, and Cowan, getting it, ran through the entire team till Peabody threw him by a low tackle. After a run by Ames, Harvard gets the ball again, and Sears punts well down the field. Sharp work by Princeton again brought the to Harvard's 25-yard line, and Savage again tried for goal and failed Harding makes a good but ineffectual rush, and Sears tries to gain ground by long punts; but Savage returns them as the ball is in Harvard's territory when time is called. The excited crowd bore the winning team from the field on their shoulders, and after nightfall a hugh bonfire on the campus celebrated the victory. The game was well-contested throughout, and free from unpleasant incidents; it is said to have been the most exciting one ever played here. Harvard's chief fault seemed to be in the rusher losing the ball when tackled, and failure to keep when once in her possession. Her game as a whole, however, was exceedingly creditable. For Harvard the best work was done by Holden, Sears, Harding, Remington, Fletcher, Woodman and Porter; for Princeton, by Cowan, Ames, Price, H. Hodge and Irvine. Mr. Camp's refereeing gave universal satisfaction.