Foot-Ball.

NINETY, 34. GENTLEMEN OF JAMAICA PLAIN, 0.

Saturday afternoon the 'varsity went to Andover to play the home team and drew a bigger crowd than the annual Andover-Exeter game ever did. The Andover men played pluckily, tackled well and ran immensely, but Harvard was too heavy and skilful for them and they fared badly.

Shaw, Brainard and Dennison did good work for Andover, and Woodman, Porter and Fletcher for Harvard. The teams were made up as follows:

Harvard - Rushers, Bancroft, Remington, Wood, Brooks (captain), Woodman, Butler and Harding; quarterback, Fletcher; half-backs, Porter and Jones; full back, Peabody; substitutes, Faulkner and Boyden.

Andover - Rushers, Shaw, Brainard, Hotchkiss, Aldrich, Knowlton, Hamilton and Perrin; quarter-back, Bancroft; half-backs, Dennison (captain), and L. Mowry; full back, Haskell; substitutes, Dilworth and W. Mowry.

The game was called at 2.57, with Harvard at the easterly goal. In spite of Dennison's kicking and Mowry's rushing, the ball was forced down to Andover's goal, and the first touchdown was made by Porter at 3, from which Woodman kicked the first goal.

Andover sent the ball off again, but rushes by Remington and Fletcher brought it back again, and the second touchdown was made at 3.11. Woodman tried for goal, but missed. Woodman made the third touchdown and second goal at 3.16. Fletcher followed with the fourth touchdown. The ball was punted out but not marked, and Fletcher made the fifth touchdown, from which Woodman kicked the third goal.

Jones rushed the ball over the line, but the touchdown was not allowed, as Andover claimed that he went outside. Remington succeeded in making the sixth touchdown, however, but Woodman again missed the goal. Fletcher made the seventh touchdown at 3.27, and the goal was missed for the third time. Butler made the next touchdown at 3.29, and Woodman kicked the fourth goal.

Dennison and Mowry made a combination rush, but Harvard got the ball and Andover was forced to make a safety touchdown at 3.32. Two minutes later Fletcher followed with the ninth touchdown, from which Woodman kicked the fifth goal. Porter rushed through and made the tenth touchdown at 3.40, and Woodman kicked the sixth goal. The first half ended at 3.42, with a score of 54 to 0 for Harvard.

Play began at 3.55 and Harding made the first touchdown in one and one half minutes. No goal was kicked. Andover kicked off, made a fair catch from Harvard's kick and sent the ball off again, but Fletcher got it and scored at 4 p.m. No goal this time. Fletcher made the third touchdown at 4.04. No goal. Shaw rushed from front of Andover's goal to Harvard's twenty-five yard line and kicked. Remington made a fair catch, touched, and passed the ball to Woodman, who rushed back to Andover's line. Remington made the fourth touchdown at 4.12. The ball was punted out and muffed, but rushes by Jones and Woodman made up for the error, and Fletcher made the fifth touchdown, from which Woodman kicked a goal.

Mowry made a good rush for Andover and Andover kicked a goal over the line. Jones got the ball and made the sixth touchdown at 4.31. Brooks took Woodman's place and kicked the second goal. Time was called for Brainard, who had sprained his ankle, and Dilworth was substituted. Fletcher made the seventh touchdown. Brooks missed the goal and time was called at 4.46. Score, Harvard, 86; Andover, 0.