The Crimson Competition.

Attention again is called to the competion now open for a place on the editorial board of the CRIMSON. Although many men have offered articles for publication few writers have shown themselves worthy of an editorship. No man need expect an election because he fills the CRIMSON waste-basket. Many men also have expressed a desire to be considered candidates for the board but have as yet not offered work sufficient to justify the board in their election. Clear, concise writing and a liberal endowment of commonsense with a determination to work are necessary above all. We speak thus plainly because for weeks we have been flooded with communications and specious editorials meant for publication but which we have been unable to offer to our readers for evident reasons. Two editors will be elected to the paper at the close of the mid-years. All who wish to be considered candidates of such election are requested to contribute what they desire to be judged by, as good work is the pre-requisite of an election. Let no man be dissuaded from the competition through false modesty, as an editorship is open to any one who proves himself worthy of it.