Harvard Wins at Tennis.

[Special Despatch to the CRIMSON.]

NEW HAVEN, CONN., Oct. 10.- Today's play in the Intercollegiate Tournament resulted in giving Harvard first place in both singles and doubles.

In the morning Chase and Shaw of Harvard beat Parker brothers of Yale, 6-2, 3-6, 7-5. Hovey and Tallant of Harvard beat Wright and Elting of of Columbia, 5-7, 9-7, 6-1. Both of these matches were very sharply contested,

In the semi-final singles, Campbell of Columbia had his hands full to defeat Chase of Harvard, in a two-set match of 26 games, Campbell taking 15 and Chase 11 games.

The feature of the day was the final singles between Hovey, of Harvard, and Campbell, of Columbia. In this match Hovey distinguished himself by making a number of seemingly impossible returns of long, high hit balls and by his accurate cross-court smashing. Campbell also did some first-class playing, his side court shots being very cleverly placed. It required five sets and fifty games to decide the match. Of these Hovey won the first, third and fifth sets, taking 25 games, while Campbell captured the second and fourth sets with a total of 25 games to his credit. The afternoon's score are as follows:

O. S. Campbell, Columbia, vs. S. T. Chase, Harvard, 7-5, 8-6.

F. H. Hovey, Harvard, vs, O. S. Campbell, Columbia, 6-4, 4-6, 7-5, 2-6, 6-4.

Tomorrow the final double will be played, in which Hovey and Tallant and Chase and Shaw, the two Harvard teams, will face each other.