The Princeton-Wesleyan Game.

PRINCETON, 69; WESLEYAN, 0.

On last Saturday afternoon, the Princeton-Wesleyan game was played at Princeton. Wesleyan, although out-weighed and out-played, made a plucky fight. Princeton won the toss and took the ball, which, being passed to Dodge, was carried near Wesleyan's goal. The ball was then passed to Cowan, who made the first touchdown for Princeton. Goal. Weslevan now carried the ball to the centre of the field, but Princeton soon got it, and a rush by Ames and fumbling by Wesleyan, forced the latter to make a safety. The ball was brought out, but Ames got it and made a touchdown. Goal. Score, 14.0. Another touchdown was made by the rushes of Cowan and Ames. Good passing and blocking on the part of Princeton, and rushes by Hancock and Channing gave another touchdown. No goal. Church, of Princeton was injured and Ballantine took his place. At the end of the first half the score stood 40 0.

When play began again, Beatty, of Wesleyan, turned his ankle, but kept on playing. Princeton appeared tired, and did not play nearly as well as during the first half; while Wesleyan did much better. This is shown by the score, as Princeton made but 29 points during the last half.

The best playing for Princeton was done by Cowan, Ames, Channing, George and Price; for Wesleyan, by Floy and Smith.

The teams were as follows: Princeton-Rushers, Hodge, McMahon, Irvine, Cowan, Church, Speer and George; quarter-back, Hancock; half-backs, Ames and Channing; full-back, Prince (acting captain). Wesleyan-Rushers, McDoanald, Alexander, Richards, Wells, Floy, Glenn and Heath; quarter-back, Beattys (captain); half-backs, Hamlin and Manchester; full-back, Smith. Referee, F. D. Fisk, Harvard, '86; umpire, T. Harris, Princeton, '86.