Special Notices.

Notices, if not more than five lines, inserted in this column for 50 cents each insertion, or $2.00 a week. For over five lines, the rates are doubled. Short "Lost" and "Found" notices, if inserted once, free; every additional insertion 50 cents. All

AN ATTORNEY of twenty year's standing in New York City is anxious to secure important advantages in the way of largely increasing practice which will require the expenditure of $5,000. To a young lawyer who will supply the amount, half interest in the emoluments of all future business will be given. A careful examination of the circumstances of the above is solicited. It is believed to be an unusually favorable opportunity for a young man about entering the legal profession. Address or communicate personally with GEORGE M. HOBBS, Counselor-at-Law, No. 34 School St., Boston, Mass. j26 1t

I shall give a seminar in History 13 on the evening of Saturday, Jan. 28. The whole course will be briefly reviewed. Send names. CLARENCE A. BRODEUR, '87, 14 Hollis Hall. j26 1t

CHEMISTRY A.- I shall review this course to-night at 7.30 in my room, Stoughton 10. j26 1t

CLIFFORD H. MOORE.TUTORING in Political Economy 1; also (with seminar on eve of examination) in Pol. Econ. 4, History 12.

W. ALEXANDER, 24 Read's Block.jan 26 6t

CHEMISTRY A. Seminar in Stoughton 7 to-night, (Thursday) at 7 o'clock. G. W. SAWIN. j26 1t

FRESHMAN CHEMISTRY-Full notes in Chem. A. Price fifty cents. H. F. BROWN, S. 12. j26 1t

PHYSICS B.- Tutoring done in this course by M. L. BRUUER, 63 College House. j25 6t

TUTORING in Pol. Econ. 1 by W. P. ELKINS, 52 College House. No charge if student fails to pass the examination. j25 4t

TUTORING in Latin A, German A and French A and 1. G. BRADFORD, JR, 8 Prescott St., Cambridge. j25 tf

TUTORING in Chem. A, C and 2; Math. A, C and D; and French A and 1. Seminar in Freshman Chemistry the night before the examination, at 7.30.

PERRY LAWTON, '88, 25 Hollis Hall.j25 6t

TUTORING IN H. 1 AND 2, Chem. A and C. N. H. 1. I shall review H. 1 and 2 with old examination papers and Syllabi, the evenings preceding the examinations, in each, at my room.

W. J. BOWEN, 32 Hollis.j21 6t

TUTORING in Greek, Latin, French. F. D. KALOPOTHAKES, 18 Stoughton. j23 6t

POLITICAL ECONOMY 1, Philosophy 11. Tutoring. Law school, 2-4 p. m. or address 23 Irving street. J. M. SHAHAN. j23 6t

POLITICAL ECONOMY 1, Philosophy 2, History 13 Tutoring. J. A. BAILEY, '88, 31 Stoughton. j23 6t

GERMAN A. Tutoring by a graduate, 84, summa cum laude. Address, E. L. DROWN, 23 Lawrence Hall, Brattle St. j21 6t

TUTORING in History 1, 2 and Polit. Econ. 1. E. L. CONANT, 40 M. j21 6t

POLITICAL IV. NOTES.- One set for ale at POWERS'S, 30 Boylston street, near post office. j18

TUTORING in History 2 and Political Economy 4. FREDERICK GREEN, 29 Matthews. j20 6t

FINE ARTS 4, Philosophy 11, Pol. Econ. 4, History 12. Tutoring.

WILLIAM W. NOLEN, 6 Little's Block.j20 tf

I WILL tutor in History 1, 2, 12 and 13. H. B. BARBER, 12 Holworthy. j21 6t

A FEW students can be accommodated at a general table at MRS. EMERY'S, 12 Oxford street. j20 6t

GET your Furniture repaired at POWERS'S, 30 Boylston street, near post office. j18

GUITAR FOR SALE-a fine one-at POWERS, 30 Boylston. j18

Money made. See advertisement of stocks bought and sold in next column. s30

AT J. F. NOERA'S, 436 Harvard st., students will find the largest assortment of Four-in-Hands ever sold for 50 cents. d7

WEATHER STRIPS, Outside Windows, to keep out the wind and cold are now being put on by Powers, 30 Boylston street, Read's Building

HUNDREDS do, and why don't you, leave your clothes to be cleaned at J. F. Noera's, 436 Harvard street, and have them go through the steam naptha process? d7

SPECIAL PRICES on our Woollen Gloves, to close, at James W. Brine's, 10 and 11 Harvard Row. j6

JUST ARRIVED, the finest line of English canes ever imported, at J. F. Noera's, 436 Harvard street. d7

FULL DRESS SHIRTS with Pique bosoms, are now ready at James W. Brine's, 10 and 11 Harvard Row. j6

J. B. BRINE.- Gent's Furnishings and Gymnasium Outfits; E. and W. Collais, and Cuffs; Dress and Street Gloves; Winter Underwear and soft English Sweaters, Rowing Jersey; Rowing Tights; Gymnasium Suits, Belts, etc., next to Post Office. J. B. Brine, 8 Boylston street. n29

REPAIRING, PRESSING AND CLEANING done at McDonnell's old stand. Dress suits pressed and cleaned. Ulsters and overcoats pressed and cleaned. Pants pressed and cleaned. First-class work guaranteed. J. B. BRINE, 8 Boylston street, next to post office. d9

GREAT REDUCTION in prices on Jerseys, Sweaters and all Gymnasium goods at James W. Brine's, 10 and 11 Harvard Row. j6

JAMES W. BRINE, 10 and 11 Harvard Row, is headquarters for all kinds of custom work or repairing. Prices low for good work. j6