No Headline

We publish in another column an account of the brilliant prospects of the American School at Athens. To all who are interested in the study of Greek archaeology, to all who are engaged in classical studies of any kind, the career of the school will be of great interest. Possessed of such a magnificient location, supported by such famous scholars, the American School cannot fail to be of great value to all classical scholars, if the necessary financial support is rendered. As is seen by the announcement a commodious building is already in process of erection, and it is proposed to secure the services of the well-known archaelogist, Mr. Charles Waldstein, as director of the school. But to secure these much desired results, it is necessary that the sum of one hundred thousand dollars be subscribed to the support of the school. As sixteen different colleges are to contribute, it is to be hoped that the needed funds will be shortly forthcoming. With the school established on a firm basis, with an able corps of instructors, and under such a director as Mr. Waldstein, the advantages for classical study and archaelogical investigation will be such as have never been enjoyed before by any classical students.