The New Base-Ball League.

The meeting held in New York on Saturday by the representatives of Harvard, Yale and Princeton relative to the much discussed project of secession and reorganization, was wholly informal. The original intention was that at this meeting the laws of the new league between the three colleges should be drawn up. As Yale hangs fire and refuses to join, Captain Willard and Mr. Rand from Harvard, Captain Dann and Mr. Archibald from Yale, and Captain Larkin and Mr. Sockring from Princeton, simply came together to discuss the situation. The meeting was held with closed doors, and, as far as could be learned, Yale has not reached any decided attitude in the matter. This is rather unsatisfactory news, especially as the delegates themselves are reported as being in favor of the new league. The meeting was adjourned without any result having been reached. The Yale delegates immediately returned to New Haven, and it was agreed that Yale's final decisions would be immediately forwarded to Harvard and Princeton. It is to be hoped that Yale will take a more manly position now, after she has had time to allow her blood to cool, than she has maintained hitherto.