American Historical and Economic Associations.

The American Historical Association will hold a joint session with the American Economic Association in Boston on May 21-24. On the afternoon of Tuesday, May 24, the associations will assemble in Cambridge and a meeting will be held in Sanders Theatre, at 3 p.m.

The programme will be as follows:

1 - "Our Legal Tender Decisions, a Study in our Constitutional History," by Professor E. J. James, of the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.

2 - "The Biography of a River and Harbor Bill," by Dr. A. B. Hart, of Harvard University.

3 - "The Study of Statistics in American Colleges," by Col. Carroll D. Dwight, Commissioner U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Immediately after the exercises in Sanders Theatre, the authorities of the University, through the officers (with their ladies) of its history and political economy departments, will receive the two associations.

The several museums, the botanic garden, and the principal buildings of the University will be open during the day to the visitors.

Further information may be procured from H. B. Adams, Sec'y of the American History Association, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md. After May 20, at the Brunswick. Boston.