Exhibition of the Photographic Society.

The third annual exhibition of the Photographic Society is made public for the first time this year in Sever 10. We note that the society has been doing commendable work during the past year, though it is of a kind that is not noticed from day to day. There are in all about one hundred and fifty pictures from some thirty members. Mr. Sellers's is an excellent platinum print, having the appearance of an etching of Hawthorne's Old Manse at Concord. There are also several fine views of Mt. Tacoma, Wash. T., and of the pond at Waverly. Mr. Sumner has shown great technique and artistic taste in his views of the old Maryland plantations and Patapsco river. A Flock of Sheep" and "Down the Shadowy Seine She Comes," are remarked upon by all. Mr. Leighton's interiors and college buildings should be remembered as the best of their class. His views of Newport are interesting, showing the principal houses of this summer resort, and views on the beach. His picture, entitled "What Goes to Make Life Worth Living," an instantaneous one of a pug dog, occasioned much favorable comment. Mr. Storrow has devoted much time to the athletic teams, and his work is thus of more than ordinary interest to us. A very striking picture of his exhibit is that of a Maine trapper in the woods. Mr. Bancroft has some choice interiors and landscapes. His artistic taste would appear to better advantage on larger plates. This afternoon, Mr. J. H. Thurston of the Boston Commerce Club awarded the prizes, Mr. Sellers securing that for landscape work, Mr. Leighton for interiors and Mr. Sumner for instantaneous work. Judging by the number of people that have visited the exhibition we are sure that the work has been appreciated. We hope that picture exhibitions may be as successful.