Freshman Foot-Ball.

In spite of the stormy weather, about twenty candidates for the freshman eleven appeared on Jarvis at the appointed time yesterday afternoon. Captain Sears of the 'varsity, and G. Perry, '89, coached them. After regular practice on the field, the men were put through rush line and tackling practice in the gymnasium. The following men are candidates for the rush line: Rantoul, Cook, Churchill, Allen, Cheeney, Freeman, Clark, Hawes. Berry, R. Agassiz, Putnam, Travis, Barter, Henry and Brooks; for quarterback, Mann, Neff, Preston; for half-back, Hill, Draper, Carpenter; for full-back, Barter and Forbes. The men are all unusually light and will have to work hard to make up for this disadvantage in weight. The bad weather has probably kept some men from coming out for practice. In all probability more candidates will present themselves when the weather is less threatening. The freshmen, however, must not wait for clear weather. The time for practice is short, and every day, fair or rainy, will be needed to make the eleven a fair competitor in the game with Yale.