Harvard, 74; Dartmouth, 0.

The Harvard eleven defeated the Dartmouth team yesterday afternoon by a score of 74-0. The Dartmouth men played a curious game, their three backs bunching close behind the quarter-back and breaking through the centre of the rush line together. Their play was effective, rarely gaining for them less than three yards, and often five or eight. The reason the Harvard team could not stop these rushers better lay in the fact that all the men were very slow in getting through, and all tackled high. The offensive game of the Harvard team was the best that it has played this year. The running of the backs was strong and the blocking off of the men unusually good. The following men made up the teams: Harvard-Cumnock, Van Schaik, Carpenter, Cranston, (centre) Trafford, Davis, Crosby; G. Harding, quarter-back; V. Harding, and Lee, halfs; Sears, full-back. Dartmouth-Od in, Baehr, Doring, Tassett, (centre) Little, Canty, Eaton; Lakeman, quarter; Scruton and Ellis, half backs; Fifield, full-back. Dennison, Law School, was referee, and Palmer, Law School, umpi e.

Time was called at 3.06. Dartmouth forced the ball to Harvard's ten-yard line, when Harvard got the ball on a foul and Harding carried it to the centre of the field. Sears punted and the ball rolled over Dartmouthis line. Cumnock stopped a rush by a good tackle and Harvard got the ball from a fumble. Lee ran eight yards and Cranston, running from a fair, lost the ball; Cumnock fell on it, but the referee give the ball to Dartmouth on the ground that it was thrown forward. It returned to Harvard on a foul, however, and Davis carried it over the line. Time, 12 minutes. Harding kicked the goal. Dartmouth started the ball from the middle of the field, but Harvard soon got it from a fumble. Harding carried it to the 25-yard line, where he lost it. Dart-mouth forced it forward 15 yards, where Harvard again got it from a famble and Lee carried it 40-yards and made a touch-down, from which Harding kicked a good. Time, 18 minutes. Score, 120. Dartmouth gained ten yards from the middle of the field, where the ball went to Harvard on 4 downs, and Harding, by a beautiful rush, carried it to the 25 yard line. Sears rushed over the remaining distance and scored the third touch-down for Harvard. Time, 22 minutes. No goal. Dartmouth forced the ball 10 yards from its 25-yard line, when Harvard got the ball on a fumble and rushes by Sears, Lee and Harding carried it to the 3-yard line. Sears rushed it over the line. Time, 26 minutes. Harding kicked the goal. Score, 22-0. Dartmouth gained 10-yards from the middle of the field, when the ball went to Harvard on 4 downs. Lee made a fine rush, and aided by the good blocking off of the team, made the fifth touch-down for Harvard, from which Harding kicked a goal. Harvard got the ball in the middle of the field from a fumble, and rushes by Sears and Harding forced the ball close to the goal line and G. Harding carried it across near the fair line. Time, 32 minutes. Harding tried for goal but missed. Score, 32-0. Comnock got the ball as it went over the line and scored a touch-down. Harding again tried for goal and missed and Crosby caught the ball and had it down inside the goal line, making another touch-down. Harding again failed to kick the goal. Score 40-0. Davis caught the ball as it fell and made a touch-down just as time was called. Score, 44-0. Allowing for the time that was taken out the half did not last much longer than a half hour.

Time was called for the second half, which lasted 15 minutes, at 6 minutes of five. Harding carried the ball to the 25-yard line and Lee rushed it across the line, one minute after time was called. Harding kicked the goal, making the score 50-0. Dartmouth had the ball in the centre of the field but it soon went to Harvard on 4 downs. Rushes by Harding, Trafford and Sears brought the ball close to Dartmouth's line and Sears carried it over, making the eleventh touch-down for Harvard. from which Harding kicked a goal. Dartmouth by sharp work forced the ball close to the Harvard line, where it went to Harvard on four downs. Sears made a beautiful punt which both the ends followed well, reaching the Dartmouth back as soon as the ball. The latter player fumbled the ball and Crosby getting it ran half the length of the field and made a touch-down, from which Harding kicked a goal. Time, 12 minutes. Score. 62-0. Harvard got the ball in the centre of the field on a fumble, and Lee, by a good run, made another touch-down a minute later. Goal by Harding. Starting from the middle of the field again, Dartmouth rushed ten yards but lost the ball. The ball was passed to Lee, who ran around right end and made the last touch-down for Harvard. Harding kicked the goal, making the score 74-0. Immediately after this play time was called.