Princeton 18, Harvard 6.

HARVARD LOSES THE SECOND CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Harvard played her second championship game Saturday and was defeated by Princeton, 18 points to 6. The make-up of the teams was as follows:

Harvard-Cumnock, Woodman, Carpenter, Cranston, Trafford, Davis, Harding; quarter-back, G. Harding; half-backs, Porter and Lee; full-back, Sears.

Princeton-Bovaird, Cowan, Janeway, George, Irvine, Cook, Riggs; quarter-back, R. Hodge; half-backs, Mowry and Black; full-back, Ames.

The teams lined up sharply at 2.30 p. m. The weather was perfect and about five thousand persons witnessed the game. From the start Princeton began to force the ball down to Harvard's goal, and in thirteen minutes Cook made the first touchdown. No goal. Score 4 to 0 in Princeton's favor. After being put in play again Harvard gainen some ground by rushes by Porer and Sears, but a wild pass by Harding gave the ball to Ames of Princeton who punted. The play here began on both sides to be rough. The Princeton rush line were again slowly forcing the ball down to Harvard's line despite all her efforts to the contrary. Ames got the ball and by a good rush landed it within five yards of Harvard's goal. Black then broke through and made the second touchdown for Princeton. No goal. Score 8 to 0. Only ten minutes of the first three-quarters remained, but in this time, Princeton, through the rushing and punting of Ames and fine rush line work forced the ball down the field and Cowan made the third touchdown just before time was called. Again no goal. Score 12 to 0.

In the second half Harvard played a totally different game, and showed up much more strongly than in the first half. Princeton got the ball at the kick-off and Ames punted in front of Harvard's goal. Harvard's ball. Harvard now played harder and for some time the ball was kept in the middle of the field. Ames again made a good punt, which Sears returned. Ball went to Harvard and Sears broke through, and by a beautiful rush, carried the ball down towards Princeton's goal, but this advantage was soon lost. Play now began to be very rough and Cook of Princeton was disqualified, Spear taking his place. Kick-over by Sears, ball brought out. Here V. Harding was disqualified for foul tackling, and Crosby took his place. Ames punted near Harvard's goal and Bovaird getting the ball rushed over the line and made the fourth touchdown for Princeton. Goal. Score 18 to 0. After the ball was put in play, Sears made a long rush and was downed close to Princeton's goal. Davis then broke through and mane the only touchdown for Harvard; goal was kicked by Sears. Score, 18 to 6. A minute later, time was called. The game was not very closely contested. Harvard seemed overmatched from the start. Princeton had very little difficulty in breaking through and Harvard could not get through Princeton's line at all. Princeton's rush line was decidedly heavier than ours, averaging 177 pounds. The team play of Harvard was very bad, although many of the men did brilliant work. Captain Sears rushed and punted well, but fumbled badly. Harding at times passed very wildly. The best playing for Harvard was done by Trafford, Cumnock. Cranston, Porter and Sears. For Princeton, Ames excelled in rushing and punting, while Cook and Cowan did superb work in the rush line.

Harvard plays the University of Pennsylvania eleven today in Philadelphia. The team will practically be the same as the one that played Princeton. The CRIMSON has arranged to have a detailed telegraphic account of the game in Tuesday's issue.