Harvard Fencing Club.

Forty men assembled last evening for the purpose of forming the Harvard Fencing Club. After some discussion, it was voted to form the club as follows: There shall be an initiation fee (probably of five dollars) for each member and a monthly assessment. Sig. Castroni shall be guaranteed a salary and the members taking lessons shall pay to the club a fixed sum for each lesson, which shall be devoted to paying the salary of the professor. The deficit, if any, and the running expenses shall constitute the assessment, which shall be equally apportioned among the members. The club then proceeded to the election of officers. E. S. Rawson, '90, was elected president; L. M. Greer, '91, vice-president; F. S. Goodwin, '89, secretary, and T. S. Beecher, '90, treasurer. The executive committee is to consist of the president, vice-president, and three members from the club: R. D. Ware from '90, J. M. Howells from '91, and N. Littlefield from '92. Thirty-five men signed as charter members, and other members will be elected by the club. The executive committee are to draw up a constitution to be presented at the next meeting, and are also to engage rooms for the club. It was voted to have the next meeting announced in the CRIMSON, and not by personal notification. The meeting then adjourned.