Union Athletic Games.

The winter games of the Union Club will, as has been announced in the CRIMSON, take place on next Monday, Feb. 27th, in Music Hall, Boston. The last games of this club at the New England Fair Building four years ago aroused great interest and were attended by large numbers of prominent people, both ladies and gentlemen. Entries have been received from Harvard, Yale and Technology. Harvard has almost decided to send a tug-of-war team, and Technology will do so if Pierce can be persuaded to anchor. The sparring contests will be spirited and interesting. The weights are not the same as those used in the national contests, but the weights used by Harvard and Technology have been adopted as the standard: Feather-weight, 125 lbs. and under; light-weight, 140 lbs. and under; middleweight, 160 lbs. and under; heavy-weight, all over 160 pounds. Three entries are already assured from Harvard. The greatest interest centres about the middle weight sparring. Among the probable entries are: Curtis, Harvard, '90, who will enter if able, and Shockley, whom Curtis met and defeated last year.

C. C. Lee, Yale's champion high kicker, has entered the hitch and kick contest. Wason, of Technology, will also enter. The running high jump will have entries from Harvard, Technology and the Union and Association gymnasiums. Wason, of Tech, is said to be able to jump 5 ft. 6 in. Tickets for the games are now on sales at Music Hall. The medals are on exhibition at the corner of Winter and Washington streets, Boston. The probabilities are that the games will be of great interest to college men and amateur athletics generally.