The Canoe Club.

The Harvard Canoe Club, which has been resurrected this year, is now in a condition which predicts a prosperous future. It was founded in 1884 but has never stood very high among the college athletic organizations. Last year it seemed nearly dead. There were five members in the graduating class, two in '89, and a few specials and Law and Medical School men. It began this year with a muster roll of three men and now that the number has increased to over thirty, many rooms are decorated with the crimson silk burgees bearing the gold circle and shield with a black H-the club signal. The club meets socially once a fortnight, discusses business, votes on any names brought up by the executive committee, and enjoys itself generally. The great draw-back to many has heretofore been the expense of keeping a canoe at the boat-house, but the club has made an arrangement by which one of the rooms of the boat-house is leased to it for its exclusive use, the rent to be paid by assessment. Many men have joined the club who have no canoes as yet, but most of these are building crafts destined to beat anything of the kind afloat. In the spring a regatta will be held on Charles river, open to all members of the club which will consist of sailing and double and single paddling races of all classes. A challenge has been received from Brown University Canoe Club which will probably be accepted. It is hoped that the canoe clubs of other colleges will be heard from. A number of men have promised to go in a body to the meet of the American Canoe Association, next summer. Here all the canoe clubs in the East, camp under their respective colors for two or three weeks during which time all kinds of races take place.