Inter-National Foot-Ball

The plans which were discussed so much last year, in regard to an international boat race between representative college crews from England and America, have started projects for a series of foot-ball matches. It is now proposed to have the English eleven, which is now en route to Australia, extend its trip to New York. If it has the success expected in Australia it is more than probable that it will visit America and play the winner of the Harvard, Princeton and Yale League. The games would be governed by rules which are a compromise between the English Rugby and American Foot-Ball Rules. This would probably necessitate a thorough study on the part of the players and a changed system of playing. Under the new style of play, it is hard to say which team would be the winner. The style of play of the Englishmen is to depend more on individual than on team work. With the well-organized and systematic team work of our American University elevens, it seems more than probable that success would be on the American side.