Meeting of the Co-operative Society.

The annual meeting of the Harvard Co-operative Society, which was postponed from February, was held last evening in Sever 11, with Pres. Ames in the chair. Owing to the absence of the secretary, no report from this officer was read. The first business of the meeting was the reading of the treasurer's report. The following figures may serve to give some idea of the business and present standing of the Society:

Receipts stock, etc., for year

1886-87. $31,970 91

Expenses, mdse., etc. 31,969 18

Leaving a balance of. $1 73

Resources Sept. 19. 1887. $5,788 20

Liabilities, same date. 3,512 93

Leaving net present worth $2,272 27

The figures for the part of the fiscal year beginning September 19, 1887, and ending March 1, 1888, are as follows:

Cash on hand and receipts. $36,921 80

Expenses. 36,918 94

Leaving a balance of. $2 86

The last figures are, of course, exclusive of the stock on hand.

After the acceptance of the treasurer's report, the president made a few remarks, in which he stated that there was at present no good reason to suppose that a small dividend would not be paid at the end of the year, although it might seem to the management best to increase with this money the present small capital of the society.

The officers chosen for the ensuing year were: President, Prof. J. B. Ames; treasurer, J. H. Gray; secretary, A. V. Woodworth, '91. Directors-Prof. F. W. Taussig, from the University at large; C. H. Grandgent, from the faculty; A. G. Hatch, R. D. Weston Smith, Law School; F. B. Lund, '88; G. T. Keyes, '89; R. Tyson, '90; A. V. Woodworth, '91. After the election of officers, the meeting adjourned.