The Athletic Meeting at Cedarhurst.

In spite of the threatening weather Saturday, the conditions were not very unfavorable for good work at Cedarhurst in the afternoon. The fact that the track was turf instead of cinder prevented good records, The turf, however was close, hard, and in good condition. A large number of spectators came down from New York. Most of the best amateur athletes of the country were entered.

The meeting opened with the preliminary heats of 100 yards. Sherrill of Yale won his heat in 10 4-5s. Harvard had no contestants.

After these came the mile run, which was won by Conneff, the Irish champion, in 4m. 43 3-5s. Davenport of Harvard was second by two yards, beating a field of some of the best amateurs in the country. Harmar of Yale fell down on the back stretch of the first lap, but ran through the race.

In the next event, the final 100 yards, Sherrill won in 10 1-2s. Westing was second.

Next came the running high jump, which was won by W. B. Page, the champion Pennsylvania jumper, who stopped at 6 ft.

Guy Richards of Columbia met with a serious fall after one of his jumps, breaking his knee pan.

Next came the 220 yards dash for college undergraduates, in which Sherrill and Robinson of Yale, King of Princeton, Lund of Harvard, and two others started. Sherrill won by a yard over Lund, second, in 22 3-5. Robinson was third.

The 440 was won by Dohm of Princeton in 51 4-5s. Wells of Harvard second by a yard, and Banks of Columbia a close third.

The half mile run was won by Conneff in 2m. 5 3-5s. Smith of the N. Y. A. C., was second by two yards, beating Cogswell of Harvard who received third prize, by the width of his body. Downs of Harvard was a close fourth.

In the trials of the 120 hurdle Berger of Yale was beaten by A. A. Jordan. Bell of Harvard was beaten by Copeland, who holds the American championship in this race. The final was won by Jordan in 17 1-5s.

The broad jump was won by Halpin of the Olympic Club, with a jump of 21 ft. 10 1-2 in.

The meeting closed with a five mile cross country run. The first man in was Carter of the N. Y. A. C., and the event was won by the team of the Suburban Harriers of New York.

The meeting was successful in every respect, for all the races were close and exciting. The prizes were: First, silver cup; second, gold medal; third, silver medal. The cups were of the best workmanship and very valuable. The Harvard team made a good showing, winning three second and one third prize, with six entries. Of the other college teams, Yale won two first and Princeton one.