Fact and Rumor.

Stagg played half-back on the Yale team Saturday.

Worcester Techs. play the freshman eleven at Worcester next Saturday.

The Association of New England colleges will meet at Harvard to-morrow.

The Sunday Herald had an article on the Sears brothers, '89, as exponents of the game of tennis.

Wallace took Beecher's place as captain and quarter back on the Yale team Saturday.

Professor Palmer gives an afternoon tea to-day to the senior class of Wellesley.

Wright and Ditson have issued a compact and neat edition of Walter Camp's foot-ball rules for this year.

The freshman class at Cambridge University, England, numbers, 837 men.

Princeton's back, Hines, recently made two goals in practice from the 55-yard line-Herald.

An Annex crew is talked of by some of the boatwomen at Harvard.- Record.

Blue-books for the hour examination in English VIII, on Nov. 10th. may be left on the desk in Sever 5 any time before the 10th.

Foot-ball games on Saturday as follows: Technology 74, Trinity 0; Williams 94, Union College 0; Yale 74, Rutgers 0; Amherst 16, Stevens 6; Princeton 95, Pennsylvania 0.

Princeton defeated Pennsylvania 95 to 0, while Yale's score with that college was 50 to 0. It looks as if the game Saturday is more likely to go against Harvard than the one on Thanksgiving Day.

There was a celebration in Cambridge on Saturday on account of the opening of the water supply. This new water comes from Stony Brook to Fresh Pond through seven miles of pipe.

Beecher, Yale's famous quarter back, has sprained his ankle, but will probably be able to play again in the Princeton vs. Yale game.

In the current number, for October, of the Quarterly Journal of Economics, is an article by O. H. Perry, on "Proposed Tariff Legislation since 1883," which was originally written as a special report in Political Economy 6 last year.

The decision of the corporation of Yale to erect some new buildings in the campus will call forth wails from the throats of embryonic freshman, as the "fence"- the time-honored "fence"- will have to be removed.