The Crew at New London.

[Special Correspondence to the CRIMSON.]

HARVARD QUARTERS, GALE'S FERRY, June 20th:- Messrs Watson and Peabody were with the crew when they left the Boston and Albany station at one o'clock Tuesday. The journey to New London is but a short one, and at four o'clock the men had landed at the ferry opposite the town. There they found their boats and baggage awaiting them. The "Niantic," the boat which has been hired by the crew, soon appeared. She is a solid, comfortable looking little steamer, but not very well suited for the use of the crew. The men now stripped their coats and proceeded to load their baggage upon the "Niantic." At 5.45 p. m. the steamer started off, towing the two shells in her wake, and the crew started on a brisk steady walk toward their quarters. The distance is only six miles, but the road is the dustiest and hilliest in the country. At six o'clock they reached "Red Top," their quarters. The freshmen were just starting out for their afternoon row. They were looking in first-class condition.

The first duty of the men was to unload the boats and carry the baggage to the quarters. Then the men put on their old flannels and waited for supper. In the meantime the Yale and Pennsylvania crews and the Columbia Freshmen were seen on the Columbia Freshmen were seen on the river. At 7.30 supper was served. Afterwards the men gathered on the piazza, and spent the evening very quietly. By ten o'clock everyone was in bed, and the house silent. Everybody was up before 7 o'clock in the morning. As soon as they were dressed the crew took a ten minutes walk, and at eight o'clock sat down to breakfast, At eleven the crew took its first row on the Thames. As the morning was terribly hot, the row was a short one. Mr. Watson coached the crew from a single working boat. The men are all in first-class condition and have now settled down for the last few days work, on which everything depends.