Commencement at Tufts.

The commencement exercises at Tufts extend over a number of days instead of being concentrated in one day as is the custom here. The programme is as follows: Tuesday, June 5, competitive reading for the Greenwood scholarship in the divinity school at 3 p. m. Tuesday, June 12, public reading and declamation for the Goddard prizes, at 3 p. m. Sunday, June 17, baccalaureate sermon by President Capen, at 4.30, p. m. Monday, June 18, commencement reception in Goddard gymnasium, at 8 p. m. Tuesday, June 19, alumni day, annual meeting of the Alumni Association, at 3 p. m.; annual literary exercises, comprising oration by the Rev. J. Coleman Adams, D. D., poem by David L. Maulsby, music by the Glee Club, at 4 p. m.; meeting of the Tufts College Club and collation at 5 p. m; concert by the Tufts College Glee and Banjo Clubs in College Hall, at 8 p. m. Wednesday, June 20, thirtyfirst annual commencement, exercises of the graduating class and conferring of degrees, at 10.30 a. m.; commencement dinner from 1 to 4. p. m.; president's reception, from 8 to 10.30 p. m. Thursday, June 21, first examination for admission to college; candidates for admission will report at the president's office at 9 a. m.