Second Eleven, 10; Boston Athletic Club 6.

The second eleven defeated the Boston Athletic club eleven last Saturday afternoon on the Boston baseball grounds in a poorly contested game of two thirty minute halves by a score of 10 to 6.

Play began at 3.45, Harvard having the ball. Curtis '90 carried the ball fifteen yards, but Harvard lost it on three downs and a kick. Kimball rushed ten yards and the ball went to Harvard on a kick. Curtis then made four good rushes and carried the ball across the line. Fitzhugh failed to kick a goal. Score 4-0. The ball was brought to the twenty-five yard line; the Athletic club kicked, and soon got the ball on a fumble by Blaney. Peters rushed fifteen yards, but lost the ball. The ball was then kicked to and for, Harvard keeping it. Nichols passed poorly and Morrison carried the ball to the thirty yard line. Peters then made a pretty run and scored a touchdown from which a goal was kicked. Score 4-6. Neither side scored again this half, time being called with the ball near the Athletic club's goal.

In the second half the ball changed from side to side in rapid succession. The Athletic men showed lack of wind while the Harvard men played with a great deal of snap. Twenty-five minutes were passed without scoring when Curtis kicked and Harvard got the ball on the five yard line. Then on rushes by Mason and Curtis the ball was carried over the line. Fitzhugh kicked a goal. Score 10-6. Time was soon called with the ball in the middle of the field. The teams were maed up as follows:

Second Eleven-Rushers: (left end) Wrenn, Cummings, (Goodwin) Fitzhugh, Higgins, Grimes, Mason, Curtis; quarter-back, Nichols; half-backs, Blaney, Granough; full back, Curtis:

Boston Athletic Club-Rushers: (right end) Morrison, Codman, Beals, Wheeler, Houghton, Cornish. Beals; quarter-back, Kimball; half-backs, Peters, Hunt; full-back, Atkinson.