Changes in the Catalogue.

An examination of the advance sheets of the Catalogue shows that the year has been productive of many changes. Messrs. Sumichrast and Sanderson have been appointed assistant professors in the French department, and Mr. von Jagemann who comes to his work here for the first time this year, has been made assistant professor in the German department. Mr. Grandgent, who taught in the department of modern languages last year, has left Harvard to take charge of the department of modern languages in the Boston schools. Among the instructors the changes have been very numerous.

The second examination for admission, instead of being held during the three days immediately preceding the opening of college in September as heretofore, will come the last three days of the week before college opens next year on September 18, 19 and 20.

The changes which have been made during the year in the regulations, in regard to elective studies, freshman advisers, registration, scholarship and the conditions upon which the degree of Bachelor of Arts will be granted, are all embodied in the new catalogue.

There have been a great many changes and additions to the courses of instruction. These have been already outlined in these columns. One of the most valuable of the additions is the course of six lectures on German literature given to the freshmen by assistant Professors Bartlett, Sheldon, Francke and von Jagemaun.

Under Expenses, the workings of the new Foxcroft club are described. This club is a co-operative organization having commodious quarters adjoining the college yard. Separate articles of wholesome food are furnished to order at cost, making it possible to board at the club for from $2.50 to $3.50 a week. By using the club's study and reading rooms and its reference library, members are enabled to lodge cheaply at a distance from the university or in suburban towns. The annual fees of the club are low.

The college library has been increased by 20, 950 bound volumes. In addition the laboratory and classroom libraries have been more thoroughly organized than they were heretofore. These libraries are for the use of members of the university alone, and are at present organized as follows: LABORATORY LIBRARIES.

John Trowbridge, Professor, in charge of the Physical Library. Charles L. Jackson, Professor, in charge of the Chemical Library. George I.Goodale Professor, in charge of the Botanical Library. Nathaniel S. Shaler, Professor, in charge of the Physical Geography Library. CLASSROOM LIBRARIES.

Charles R. Lanman, Professor, in charge of the Sansrkit Library. John Williams White, Professor, in charge of the Greek Library. Morris H. Morgan, Tutor, in charge of the Latin Library. Adams S. Hill, Professor. in charge of the English Library. Kuno Francke, Assistant Professor, in charge of the German Library. Adolphe Cohn, Assistant Professor, in charge of the French Library. Francis G. Peabody, Professor, in charge of the Social Questions Library. Frank W. Taussig, Assistant Professor, in charge of the Political Economy Library. Albert D. Hart, Assistant Professor, in charge of the United States History Library. William E. Byerly Professor, in charge of the Mathematical Library.

The Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports, which has been established by the faculty, is given, and its duties detailed. Some space is also devoted to the new buildings being erected for athletic purposes-the Carey building on Holmes field, and the new boat house, gift of Mr. G. W. Weld; the exercise grounds, Holmes field, Jarvis field, and the new Norton field, are also described.