Boating News.

Notwithstanding the recent cold weather the university crew has persistently remained at work on the river, and will continue to row there until the Christmas vacation if it is possible. Goddard, '92, has rowed stroke; Perkins, Hutchinson, and Jones have rowed at different times at No. 7; Longworth and Watriss have rowed No. 6; Finlay rows No. 5; Upham, No. 4; Nelson '93, Perkins, and Jones alternate at No. 3, Lothrop and Watriss at No. 2, and Herrick and Jones at bow. After the vacation, the crew will begin to work in the gymnasium with the weights, and as soon as possible in the tank which it is hoped will be finished by January 1. The crew is now using the barge and pair oars, and rowing with stationary seats.

The senior crew has rowed on the river until within a day or two. They have stopped training for the present. The juniors have a crew at work on the weights every afternoon. The sophomores have two crews at work, one on the river and one in the gymnasium. They are under the supervision of Alexander, L. S. The freshmen have taken hold of rowing with great enthusiasm. Although many men have stopped work, there still remain three crews which work daily in squads, as follows: first, Baldwin, Doe, Winslow, Brewer, Broughton, Tansill, Converse and Walcott; second, Barlow, Pike, Hall, Clarke, Brown, Campbell, Purrington, French, Hale; third, Keyes, Wood, Jaggar, Cochrane, Batchelder, Chew, Earle and Tripp. The crew is in charge of W. Alexander who coached last year's freshman crew. About thirty football men have handed in their names and will begin work soon but they are as yet unclassified. All these crews are working on one set of worn out weights so that the work is far from satisfactory.