Harvard Studies in Classical Philology.

The classical instructors of the university have decided to publish and annual volume of "Studies in Classical Philology" to be edited by a committee composed of Professor J. B. Grenough, Professor J. W. White and Professor F. D. Allen. The contributors will be, for the most part, instructors in the university, or graduates of the same, but contributions of other scholars will not be absolutely excluded. The first volume will be issued some time this month and will contain about two hundred pages. The contents of the first number will be as follows: The Fauces of the Roman House, by James B. Greenough. De Ignis Eliciendi Modus apvd Antiqvos, scripsit Morris H. Morgan. On the Origin of the Construction of me with the Subjunctive and the Future Indicative, by William W. Goodwin. On some disputed Points in the Construction of edei, chren, etc., with the Infinitive, by William W. Goodwin. Notes on Quintilian, by George M. Lane. Some Latin Etymologies, by James B. Greenough. On Egregium Publicum' (Tac. Ann. III. 70. 4), by Clement Lawrence Smith. On the use of the Perfect Infinitive in Latin with the Force of the Present, by Albert A. Howard. Plutarch perienthumias, by Harold N. Fowler. Vitruviana, by George M. Richardson. The Social and Domestic Position of Women in Aristophanes, by Herman W. Haley.