Princeton Athletic Association.

The winter meeting of the Princeton Athletic Association, held last Saturday, differed from those of past years, only in the fact that representatives of outside organizations were allowed to compete for the prizes in gymnastic feats. The wrestling matches played a prominent part in the meeting and were very well contested.

The only Princeton record which was broken was in spring-board jumping, in which McCord made a record of 8 feet, 7 inches, beating the previous record of 8 feet, 6 inches, made by Moore in 1887. In the high jump, McLanahan, '92, won with apparent ease, by a jump of 5 feet, 1 inch, Roddy, '91, and Small, '92, tying for second place. Mr. Stoll, of Staten Island Athletic Club, gave an exhibition of rope climbing, making the 35 feet in 10 1-5 seconds. There was only one bout in heavy weight wrestling, contested by Huston, '89, and Pierson, '90, won by Huston. Mr. Molineux of the New York Athletics, and amateur champion of America, won the horizontal bar, after an exhibition of very difficult feats, with Mr. Stoll a good second. In the middle weight wrestling the first bout was won by Homans, '92, who threw Shields, '91, and later threw Curren, '92, in the second bout.

The only handicap event of the meeting, the shot contest, was in some respects the most important of the afternoon, on account of its bearing on the Mott Haven games next spring. Jane-way put the shot 38 feet, 8 inches, which entitles him to be looked upon as a candidate for honors in New York next spring, but owing to the more than liberal handicaps, Brownlee, '89, took first place with a throw of 35 feet, 2 inches, and a handicap of 5 feet, while Hill, '90, gained second prize on a put of 35 feet, 5 inches and a handicap of 4 feet, 6 inches. In the light weight wrestling, Davis, '92, won from Taintor, '91, and in the second bout, Page, '91, threw Todd, '89. The final bout between the winners of the first two bouts, was awarded to Page, '91, Davis having sprained his arm. J. J. Kraft, of the Nonpareil Rowing Club, gave a pretty exhibition of club swinging, which was followed by the spring-board jump, won by McCord, '89; distance, 8 feet, 7 inches-T. Sproull, '89, second, 8 feet, 5 inches. The first bout in the feather-weight wrestling was won by Babcock, '90, who, in the second bout, was thrown by Somerly, '91. After an exhibition on the flying rings by Robert Stoll, for five years champion of the Staten Islands, came the tug-of-war between '91 and '92,-'91 winning by 1 1-2 inches.

The following were the judges of the meeting: Robinson, the trainer, judge of wrestling, and the other judges, Prof. Osborn, Black, '88, and Irvine, '88.