Mott Haven Games.

It is interesting to note the various opinions of the college press relative to the probable winners of the Intercollegiate games this year. Of course any such predictions bear. little weight no matter how they may be made. The history of track athletics in the past has shown scarcely an instance of correct predictions and yet a brief statement made by the Yale News may be of considerable interest to Harvard men. The notable fault of this resume is the assurance with which some of the most doubtful events are awarded.

"Athough from this summary it would appear that the chances of Yale's winning the cup are fair, yet it is rather early to predict with any degree of certainty. Sherrill, '89, ought to win both the one hundred and two hundred and twenty yard dashes, with Lee of Harvard, second in the former, and Moen, of Harvard second in the latter. Although Wells of Harvard won the quarter mile last year, and Dohm of Princewas third, it is thought that Dohm will win this year. Dohm also has a good chance for the half-mile, with Church of Pennsylvania second. Harmar, '90, should win the mile run; Davenport of Harvard will probably take second place. Mapes of Columbia will win both hurdle races. Williams, '90, will probably be second in the high hurdles, and Mandell of Harvard, in the low. Wright of Harvard, and Howe, of the same university, will win first and second in the mile walk. The tug-of-war will be a close struggle between Columbia and Harvard, but will probably be won by the former. Webster will doubtless win the high jump for Pennsylvania, with Lee of Harvard second. Shearman will win the polo vault. The running broad jump is an uncertain event. Shearman, '89, or Robinson, '90, ought to win, with Mapes of Columbia, second. The hammer throwing and shot-putting will probably be taken by Coxe for Pennsylvania with Bowser of the same college second in the former, and Janeway of Princeton, second in the latter. Davis of Harvard, will win the bicycle race, with Keen of Pennsylvania second."