Princeton, 11; Harvard, 2.

HARVARD LOSES HER FIRST CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.Princeton won the first championship game of the season at Princeton on Saturday, easily defeating Harvard by a score of eleven to two. The day was perfect for base ball; and a large delegation of Princeton supporters came from New York to witness the game. Only about six Harvard men accompanied the team from Cambridge, and the work of the nine was a disappointment. The men played under rather poor luck to be sure, but many of their errors were inexcusable, The infielders seemed bothered considerably, especially on sharp ground hits, by the dirt diamond. The backing up was poor throughout, Princeton played a game almost free from fielding errors but her work seemed to lack snap. She clearly outdid Harvard however, at every point. The men hit Downer heavily although not many times safely. King's batting and fielding were the features of the game. He made a two and a three base-hit each time bringing in two men. In the first inning Quackenboss, while running to third, caught his foot and broke a Hgiament in his knee. His loss at third was felt severely during the game. In the second inning, Brownlee of Princeton threw his leg out of joint while running from first to second. Harvard was first at the bat.

In the first inning Linn got his base balls, took second on a wild pitch, third on a passed ball, and was fielded out at the home plate on Quackenbess's short hit to Ames. Howland got his base on balls, took second and third on Linn's out, and came home on Willard's fly to left. Quackenboss was out trying to steal third, and Willard flied out. Durell made a slow hit to theinfield and was forced out at second. Dana's fly to Hawley was muffed; he took second and third on a base on balls and a passed ball, and came home on Henshaw's wild throw to Dean. Knickerbocker and King got bases on balls but were left, the next two men striking out.

Second inning: Henshaw was out Ames to Dana, and Mumford and Evans struck out. Brownlee flied out to centre, Brokaw got a base on Dean's error, but Watts flied out and Durell was out Dean to Williard.

Third inning: Dean and Downer struck out, Linn made a base hit but was out to steal second. Princeton made four runs in her half of the inning. Dana and Knickerbocker got their base on balls, were advanced on King's base hit and came home on Mumford's excusable fumble of Ames sharp grounder. Ames and King also scored on a couple of steals, and Henshaw's muff at the plate of Linn's throw.

Fourth inning. Howland got his base on an error, but the next three men went out in order. Watts and Durell got their bases on errors and came in on King's three bagger to right.

Fifth inning. Dean got a base on balls but was left, the three men going out. Princeton failed to score, although King made a two base hit.

Sixth inning. Howland got a base on balls. Hawley knocked a fly to right which King caught after a long run nearly to first, and made the double play. A base on balls and a two base hit gave Princeton one run.

Seventh inning. Willard got first on an error, was advanced by a passed ball and a sacrifice, and came in on Mumford's hit. This ended Harvard's run-getting.

Princeton got one run in the seventh on errors, and two in the eighth, on Mumford's error, a base hit and a two base hit.

Harvard showed lack of team play throughout. Princeton went into the game confident throughout.

PRINCETON.AB. R. BH. TB PO. A. E.

Durell, c.f. 4 1 1 1 1 0 0

Dana. 1b. 5 2 0 0 10 0 0

Knickerbocker, s.s. 2 2 0 0 1 0 1

King, r.f. 4 1 3 6 3 0 0

Ames, p. 5 1 0 0 2 13 6

Osburn, 2b. 5 1 1 2 1 2 0

Brownlee, l.f. 1 0 0 0 0 0 0

Mowry, 3b. 4 0 0 0 0 0 0

Brokaw, c. 4 1 1 1 7 4 3

Watts, 3b, l.f. 5 2 1 2 2 1 0

Totals. 39 11 7 12 27 20 7

HARVARD.AB. R. BH TB. PO. A. E.

Linn, r.f. 4 0 2 2 1 1 0

Howland, c.f, 3b. 2 1 0 0 2 0 1

Quackenboss, 3b. 1 0 0 0 0 0 0

Hawley, l.f. 2 0 0 0 0 1 1

Willard, 1b. 4 1 0 0 6 0 0

Henshaw, c. 4 0 0 0 12 1 2

Mumford, s.s. 4 0 1 1 0 2 3

Evans, l.f, c.f. 4 0 1 1 1 0 0

Dean, 2b. 3 0 0 0 2 3 2

Downer, p. 3 0 0 0 0 10 9

Totals. 31 2 4 4 24 18 18

Innings. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Princeton. 1 0 4 3 0 1 1 2-11

Harvard. 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2

Earned runs-Princeton 1. Two base hits-King, Osburn, Watts. Three base hits-King. First base on balls-Princeton 8, Harvard 5. First base on errors-Princeton 14, Harvard 7. Struck out-Hawley. Mumford, Evans, Dean (2), Downer (2); Princeton 8. Stolen bases-Princeton 6, Harvard 4. Passed Balls-Brokaw 2, Henshaw 1. Wild pitches-Ames 3. Double play-King unas sisted. Flies caught-Princeton 5, Harvard 5. Fouls caught-Harvard 4. Out on bases-Princeton 2, Harvard 4. Time-2 hours, 10 minutes. Umpire-John Kelley of New York.