Princeton Base Ball News.

Work is being pushed on the new cage at Princeton which was begun last December. The original plan was to build a wooden structure and for that plan some seventeen hundred dollars was raised among the undergraduates. Later on the plan was changed, and it was thought best, instead of a wooden building to put up a substantial one of brick. This brick building is necessarily more expensive, so that before any contract for a roof can be entered into more money must be had from the college, in fact it will be necessary to raise an additional sum of about eight hundred dollars. If this sum can be raised promptly it is probable that the cage will be ready for occupancy in about a month. A meeting of the candidates for the nines both 'varsity and freshman was held last Monday evening. Nearly twenty freshmen were present some of whom may develop into 'varsity men. There are four candidates for pitcher, Harsh, Every, Newell and Hatch. Active training will not begin until February 12, but in the meantime the freshmen are to be kept busy with light base ball practice and gymnasium work.