Yale Professor Dismissed.

The trouble at the Yale Sheffield Scientific school between Professor Honey and the members of his class has resulted more seriously than was at first expected. Professor Honey refused to allow the students to use any instruments other than those purchased of a certain dealer; as these instruments cost more than others equally good purchased of other dealers the students refused to buy them. Professor Honey has felt obliged to sever his connections with the school. He says in a communication, that the students were required to provide themselves with a certain instrument and were recommended to purchase it of a certain dealer; that there were many places in the United States where it could be bought and that so long as the students used that instrument he did not care where they bought it. He says the required instrument cost but a trifle more than others, and until within a few weeks, it had actually cost less, and that in the opinion of those who had given most attention to the subject, it was the best for the purpose. He complains that these facts have been ignored.