Conference Francaise.

The Conference Francaise will this year occupy the rooms in the Niles Building to which it has admittance as a member of the Union Club. The rooms are being neatly fitted up and the various trophies which belong to the Conference in the shape of flags and shingles will decorate the place.

The first meeting of the society will be held next week and as far as practicable, every two weeks thereafter for the rest of the year. An attractive series of short lectures is being planned for most of the meetings, and the list of speakers will be published as soon as definitely settled. Some of the evenings will be reserved for short entertainments in which it is hoped the members will take an active part. It is the desire of the executive committee to emphasize a little more the social side of the Conference than has hitherto been the case, without in the least entrenching upon the domain of the serious addresses.

The Conference is now in its sixth year. It has a successful record behind it of active work, and for the last three years has produced highly successful comedies. A new one for next spring is already under consideration. The Conference Francaise, forming as it does the only practicable means of bringing together members of the French courses and French speaking students in college, has an evident sphere of utility, and its prospects for the future are bright.