The Ninety-three Eleven.

The sophomore eleven played for a few minutes yesterday with the freshmen on Norton's Field.

There were a good many men on the field to represent '93 but there are still more candidates if they would only practice regularly. The men all take an interest in their work and support their captain in a most encouraging manner. They must. however, come out every day.

The team has some bad defects and is especially weak behind the line. The quarter-backs have yet to learn to give good signals and to bunch their men. The half-backs must wake up, start sooner and run faster. The full back is one of the weakest positions on the team and unless some good kicker appears on Norton's soon the sophomores will be in a bad way.

In the rush line the ends are too slow and their tackling is faulty; in fact this latter remark might be applied to the whole team. The eleven does not tackle well. The line is very much crippled by the loss of their center and it looks as if this were going to be a difficult position to fill.

The team expects to play two or three out-of-town games if possible before the class series. The management is to be greatly commended for this as the elevens need the practice badly.

A list of the candidates with the several positions for which they are trying follows: Ends-Dibblee, Stearns, Collamore, Mulford; tacklers, Cary, Pease, Hall, Stone; guards, Hand, Rogers, Falk, Kidder, Call, Conyerse. Center-Bartlett, Winslow, Robb. Quarter-back-Malone, Sturgis, Winsor, Jackson. Half-backs-Meadows, Broughton, Curtis, Couro, Pike, Nichols, Ayer, Thatcher, Parker. Full-back-Duffield, Bisbee.