Intercollegiate Tennis.

The intercollegiate tennis tournament was continued yesterday morning with the second round in the singles and the first in the doubles. Though the wind was cold, a large crowd of spectators witnessed the games. The surprise of the morning was the victory of Hovey of Brown over O. S. Cambell, the Columbia crack. The scores in the morning's games were as follows:

Singles-Hovey of Brown beat Campbell of Columbia, 3-6, 6-4, 6-2. Huntington of Yale beat Deane of Amherst, 6-1, 6-3. Post of Columbia beat Kingsley of Harvard, 6-4, 6-1. Hurd of Yale beat Weeden of Brown, 6-0, 6-0.

Doubles (preliminary round)-Huntington Brothers of Yale beat Tallant and Brooks of Harvard, 6-1, 6-3. Campbell of Columbia and Wright of Trinity beat Sands and Fields of Cornell, 6-3, 6-2.

In the afternoon the Hurd-Post match attracted the most attention and the Yale man surprised everyone by defeating the Columbian. The scores for the afternoon ware as follows:

Singles (third round)-Hurd of Yale beat Post of Columbia, 4-6, 6-4, 6-2. Huntington of Yale beat Hovey of Brown, 7-5, 6-1.

Doubles (first round)-Stevens and Post of Columbia beat Johnson and Alexander of Princeton by default. Wright and Mallory of Trinity beat Deane and Esty of Amherst 9-7, 6-3. Parker Brothers of Yale beat Turner and Carter of Williams, 6-1, 6-1.

This leaves the finals in the singles and the second round in the doubles to be played tomorrow. The officers for the ensuing year were elected as follows: president, Campbell of Columbia; vice president, Shaw of Harvard; secretary, R. Huntington of Yale. It was voted to hold the next year's tournament at New Haven, and the association has decided to offer a $500 cup to be held each year by the college winning first place, and to become the property of the college first winning seven first prizes.