Classical and History Departments.

The Classical Department will, in a couple of months, be in possession of commodious quarters consisting of rooms in the lower part of Harvard Hall. The department has funds which will enable it to fit up a reading room reserved for the use of students in the classics and to be open day and evening. A large room will be fitted up as a lecture hall and to it will be transported the stereopticon which is now kept in Professor J. W. White's lecture room in Sever. It will thus be possible largely to increase the availability of stereopticon lectutes in the various courses as well as to faciliate those given under the auspices of the Classical Club.

The History Department will also take possession of quarters in the same building, which will enjoy the same advantages as those of the Classical Department. The providing for such facilities for students is a great advance over the present insufficient accommodations for departmental libraries existing in Sever. The sooner money is available, through the generosity of benefactors of the college, for the fitting up of similar headquarters for each department, the nearer the approach will be toward the satisfaction of professors' and students' needs.