Growth of Yale Divinity School.

Among the changes that have lately taken place at Yale, the growth of the Divinity school is at once both notable and gratifying to the friends of that University. The number of students has increased very much during the past year and a new spirit for work is spreading through the whole school. The students come from different universities all over the country, mostly, however, from those about New England. There are some students even from Armenia and Japan.

The post-graduate department has been more than doubled since last year. A course on comparative religions has been offered it by Professor Fisher. Among the other lecturers are President Dwight, Professor Harper, and the Rev. James Stalker. Judging from the Rev. Mr. Stalker's books, his course will be exceptionally interesting.

There is a great field for practical work at New Haven. There are various chances for mission work, and in some cases the students have the priviege of working under pastors in the city. Through the summer the divinity students have had several opportunities for pastoral work, and the spirit with which the whole work is carried on speaks well for both students and school.