Harvard's Boats.

Although Mr. Well's new boat house is fast approaching completion, the boats with which it is to be equipped will not be finished before many weeks. The trouble is that the order for the twenty one boats was not given early enough and the result will be that all of the boats will not be finished before the middle of May. Mr. Blaikie has the building of ten of the twenty-one, but has not commenced any of them because of the work for out of town parties which he is finishing up. Within a week he will have four or five boats under way. and hopes by the first of May to have all of them completed. He is building two four oared boats (one of which has a 22 inch beam and the other a 30 inch beam), two pair-oared boats, one double scull, two single compromise sculls, and three wherries.

At Mr. Davy's shop, the other eleven boats are being built and include five four-oared boats, two pairs, one double scull, and three single sculls. The dimensions of the four oared boats are as follows: Length 38 feet, 6 inches, width 25 inches, and depth 814 inches. Three of the four oared boats are being planked and all of the boats will be rigged with Meaney's roller seats and rowlocks. These four oared boats will be finished by the first of March and the others will be completed by the middle of April. Mr. Weld, the donor of the new boat house and boats, visited the shop a few days ago and expressed himself very well satisfied with the progress of the work upon the 'varsity shell and the four oared boats.