BY-LAWS.

ARTICLE I.President.

It shall be the duty of the president to preside at all meetings and enforce all laws and regulations of the club.

He may call special meetings whenever he may think necessary or upon written request of ten members.

ARTICLE II.Secretary.

It shall be the duty of the secretary to issue all proper notices, to keep a true record of all meetings of the club and proceedings of the Governing Board.

ARTICLE III.Treasurer.

The treasurer shall keep the account of the club, receive all dues and pay all bills. He shall furnish a monthly statement to the Graduate Treasurer of the Harvard University and keep his accounts in such form as may be directed by the latter, and shall also forward to whichever one of the trustees may be designated by the trustees for that purpose, a copy of his monthly statement to the Graduate Treasurer.

ARTICLE IV.Governing Board.

The Governing Board shall have full management and control of all the property, effects and assets of the club.

They shall make or authorize all necessary contracts and purchases.

They shall pass, from time to time, any rules or regulations which they may deem necessary, in regard to the use of the boat-house or boats, and have the power to expel from the club or suspend from the use of the boat house for a limited time, any member who shall violate any of the rules made by the committee or whose continuance in the club is injurious to its interests.

ARTICLE V.The Executive Committee.

The Executive Committee shall have direct control of the boats, charge of the boat house and all property of the club. They shall enforce the preservation of order and obedience to the house and boat rules. They shall see that all damage done by members to the boat house or boats is made good.

ARTICLE VI.Removal of Officers.

Any officer may be removed by a three-fourths vote of those present at any regularly called meeting of the club.

ARTICLE VII.Meetings.

There shall be an annual meeting held during the first week in October for the election of officers.

A notice of all meetings, stating the object thereof, shall be given in the DAILY CRIMSON at least two days before the meeting.

The members present at any meeting shall constitute a quorum.

A list of nominations for officers shall be presented by each retiring board at the annual meeting.

ARTICLE VIII.Conference with the Trustees.

The Executive Committee shall four times annually, twice in the fall and twice in the spring, confer with the trustees of the boat house as to the best means of conducting the club and extending its usefulness.

ARTICLE IX.Dues and Membership.

There shall be an annual fee of five dollars to be paid by each undergraduate and special student member, and ten dollars by each officer of the University, graduate student, and member of the professional schools. For use of boat house during summer vacation the Executive Committee shall have power to charge five dollars additional dues.

Membership shall begin upon payment to the Secretary of the annual ours, and shall cease ten days after the annual meeting unless the following year's dues are paid in advance.

ARTICLE X.Use of Premises.

No officer or student to the University not a member of Club shall be allowed upon the premises of the Club.

ARTICLE XI.Amendment or Repeal.

These by-laws may be amended or repealed by a two thirds vote of those present at any regularly called meeting of the club.