Theatres.

The Passing Regiment.The second week of "The Passing Regiment" began Monday night at the Museum. The comedy is meeting with excellent success. Miss Sheridan, Miss O'Leary and Mr. Wilson are all good. Mr. Mason is not so satisfactory.

Silver Falls."Silver Falls" began a successful second week at the Boston Theatre Monday night. The play is one of the strongest of its class, and seems to meet with considerable favor with the audiences

The Great Unknown.At the Hollis St. Theatre the ever popular Daly's company began its brief engagement, presenting "The Great Unknown." This comedy will be produced until Friday, when "Nancy and Co." will be put on for the remainder of the week.

Aunt Jack.Mr. Palmer's excellent company continues to attract large audiences to the Tremont. Mr. Barrymore does a very clever bit of acting in the little comedietta, "A Man of the World." "Aunt Jack" is a very laughable farce-comedy but one would rather see Agnes Booth in a role more befitting her talents.

Iolanthe.The second week of the run of "Iolanthe" at the Globe Theatre began Monday night. The performance has gained somewhat in smoothness during the past week. The orchestra still persists in drowning the voices of the choruses, however; this is especially in the first act, where the enjoyment of the opera is often seriously marred in this way. Miss Palliser continues to carry off the honors of the presentation. Her interpolated songs, and the queen's song with the chorus and the quartette in the second act are the numbers received with most favor by the audience.