Summer Courses.

The summer courses are becoming a feature of instruction at Cambridge. Last year there were nineteen students in general chemistry, twenty-two in qualitative analysis, five in quantitative analysis, six in organic chemistry, and nine in physiological chemistry. The students comprise many who teach school, or are students in this or other colleges. This summer the same course will be presented with the exception of that in physiological chemistry. The course in botany at the Botanic Garden was attended by seventeen last year, and is to be repeated this year. The courses in geology were three, and were first, the work that corresponds to N. H. 4; second, a course like N. H. 4a, given in the Genessee Valley, in the coal fields of northeastern Pennsylvania, in the vicinity of Catskill, N. Y., near Meriden, Conn., and at Gay Head; the third was in advanced special work in various localities.

This year courses corresponding to Physics B and C are to be given, also two courses in surveying. The courses in French and German will depend in number and nature on the applicants. The work in physical training, which is by far the most popular of the summer courses, was attended by more than fifty last year, and is to be repeated. The courses at the medical school were taken by about thirty graduates and advanced students. For information in regard to the instruction in any of these branches, application in any of these branches, application should be made to the Secretary of Harvard College, Cambridge.