Y. M. C. A. Summer Schools.

During the past year, besides the great Northfield conference, a similar gathering in Japan was markedly successful. More than, plans have been laid so that during the coming year at least five of these student gatherings will be held, viz: Northfield, Chautauqua and Lake Geneva in America; one in Scandanavia, and one in Japan.

Mr. Reynolds writes back from London that the Scandinavian Students' Conference will be held August 7-12 in the neighborhood of Copenhagen, Denmark. "About one hundred students are expected from the Universities of Christiana in Norway, Upsala and Lund in Sweden and Copenhagen in Denmark." Mr. Reynolds will represent the American students' movement at that conference. To Northfield it is probable that there will be delegates from France and Germany and Sweden, and from seven of the universities of Great Britain. Harvard University raised through a committee of twenty about $600 to assist in defraying the cost of the entertainment of the foreign guests of the Northfield Conference. It is quite certain that Harvard will have a General Secretary next year, the needful sum having been raised. A strong attempt has been made to have an elective course in the English Bible offered next year. This has been found impossible, but some special conferences on Biblical Introduction will be held.