A Museum of Fine Arts for Harvard.

Two Hundred and Twenty Thousand Dollars from the Will of Mrs. Fogg.

For many years one of the buildings most needed at Cambridge has been a hall for our art collections. Professor Norton and others have written eloquent appeals on the subject, but to no purpose until now. By the will of the late Mrs. Elizabeth Perkins Fogg. the widow of William Hayes Fogg, which was made public in New York Thursday, the President and Fellows of Harvard University receive $200.000 for the erection of an art museum, to be called "The William Hayes Fogg Art Museum of Harvard." $20.000 additional is left for the care and maintenance of the museum. Moreover the entire-art collection of Mrs. Fogg is presented to the University to be placed in the museum. It contains a large number of interesting and valuable East Indian. Chinese and Japanese Jewelry, curios and carvings. The articles of the will relating to Harvard are given below. It will be seen that only part of the money given need be spent in the building: part may be devoted to the purchase of works of art. The building will not be erected for at least a year, and will certainly cost less than the full two hundred thousand. The location has not yet been decided upon.