NEW YORK, Jan. 27, 1891.

To the Editors of the Daily Crimson:

My letter [See above] referred to by you Monday failed to convey what I tried to make it say. You think it "expresses rather blindly the pride which the graduates take in an athletic victory," and add, "This man exults over our rowing record of years ago."

Alas! there is no "exult" in mine. The course of our rowing men for five years has been a sad one. The races could but result as they have. This fact is self-evident to any man with eyes, and why it has not been apparent to our crews is the inquiry on the lips of every graduate All this has filled me with disgust. This disgust is so intense that it rather amuses me to have a letter of mine on the subject misunderstood. I fancied that I felt so strongly that I could write what I felt.

But as I have erred let me say, before I submit any "views," that there is no excuse for our defeats. Explanation there may be, but it is not to our credit. My object in quoting the record, "H. 18, Y. 12. was not to "exult," but to shame the men into a realization that we are not wont to take second place, and ought not to be forced to take it through crass stupidity.

Whether you print this or not, I beg you to set me right, in advance of my suggestions. What value there may be in them is open to question. But there can be no question as to where I stand regarding our New London lustrum of mortifying defeat.

Yours truly, '74.