Senior and Junior Elevens.

The senior and junior elevens were both out yesterday afternoon, getting ready for the final play-off between the two terms, which will probably take place on Tuesday. As for the seniors for the first few minutes they did no good work. There was some wretched fumbling and a good deal of misunderstanding of signals by the backs, who, however took good advantage of holes in the line. The kicking of the full back needs improvement; several times the ball was stopped by men jumping into the air. There was a good deal of off side play and wasting of strength and time in settling private accounts. The team as a whole needs to play better together if they are to win from '93 when the tie is played off. Following men were on team: Weed, Jones, Newell, Hubbard, Spalding, Greenough, Forbes, Putnam, Walcott, Lockett, Green.

The '93 men showed better form in certain particulars than '92. Their blocking off was much better done, the men seeming to know their places better. There were only about 17 men out so that a strong line could not be placed against the team. A good deal of time was spent on following the tall on a kick. Not enough quickness was shown in this by any of the men. They did not watch the ball enough but kept their eyes too much on the man who was to catch it. Here also is a chance for better team work. Men on team were: Dibblee, Chew, Cary, Slade, Rogers, Broughton, Winslow, Stevens, Thatcher, Duffield and Parker.

Both teams need all the practice they can get between now and Tuesday.