Ninety-five vs. Exeter.

The annual Exeter-Harvard freshman foot ball game took place in Exeter on Saturday and the freshmen were defeated by a score of 34 to 6. Ninety five played a very plucky game keeping the ball in Exeter's territory a large part of the time. For Ninety-five the back play of Wrenn, Whitman and Brown was very good and in the line Potter, Davis and Murchie did the best work. The team work of Exeter was slow but they rushed very well and their best work was done by Whitehead, Thomas, Matthews and Arnold, and in the line the three centre men played a very good and strong game. Harvard started the game with a V and in a very short time made their only touch down of the game from which Whitman kicked a goal. Score Harvard '95 6. Exeter 0. Exeter rushed several times and Thomas made a touch down, but no goal was kicked, and in a short time Exeter tried a criss-cross and Thomas made another touch down from which Whitehead kicked a goal, Score, Exeter 10, Ninety-five 6.

Exeter made two more touch downs before time was called making the score 22 to 6 in their favor. In the second half '95 kept the ball in Exeter's territory most of the time but the latter team made two more touch downs making the score when time was called 34 to 6.

The teams lined up as follows:

P. E. A. HARVARD '95.

Linscott, l. e., r. e., Adams.

Mayo, 1. t., r. t., Whittier.

Squires, 1. g., r. g., Murchie.

McIntosh, centre, Potter.

Chapman, r.g., 1. g., Eddy.

Haradon, r. t. 1. t., Davis.

Booth, r. t. 1. t., Davis.

Coonley, r. e. 1. e., Stuart.

Ewing, quarter-backs Whitman,

Thomas, quarter-backs Wrenn.

Jackson.

Matthews, half-backs Warden,

Arnold, half-backs Whitman

Whitehead, (full-backs) Brown.

Score - P. E. A., 34, to Harvard 6. Touchdowns - Thomas (3), Matthews (1), Linscott (1), Whitehead (1), Brown (1). Goals from touch downs - Whitehead, 5; Whitman 1. Umpire - Mr. Woodbury, H. U., '89. Referee - Mr. Truesdell, P. E. A., '93. Time - 50m.