Library Reading Room.

A meeting was held last night of the undergraduate committee upon the Library Reading Room The scheme was first presented to the college in October, 1890. The need of a large reading room which could be lighted during the evening had been very keenly felt for years. It was deemed unsafe to put lights in Gore Hall, the present library building, and the consequence was that during the winter months, especially, students were compelled to lose the privileges of the library from four o'clock every afternoon through the rest of the day.

The only possible remedy seemed to be the erection of a new library reading room. Committees from among the graduates and undergraduates were chosen to collect funds for the building. The undergraduates responded generously to the cause whose need was keenly felt. Mr. Moses Williams '68, of Brookline, consented to act as treasurer, and he has invested the funds already collected and will take charge of whatever further may be contributed.

The meeting last night was held to fill vacant places on the undergraduate committee. H. M. Landon '92, was chosen chairman to succeed H. A. Davis '91. The rest of the committee is now made up as follows: Secretary, C. L. De Normandie 93; from '92, A. R. Benner, W. N. Duane, T. W. Lamont, R. M. Lovett, N. Rantoul; from '93, S. E. Farwell, G. R. Fearing, L. A. Frothingham, B. W. Trafford; Sp., J. A. Garland: L S. S., P. V. K. Johnson: from '94, R. B. Beals, H. Williams, H. C. Cox, L. A. E. Ahlers; from the Law school, R. E. Forbes, P. S. Abbot, S. texter. J. F. Bass, M. Williams, Jr.; from +++ Medical School, E. A. Darling.