B. A. A. Meeting.

The first members' meeting of the B. A. A. was held in their gymnasium on Tuesday night, and the all round championship was competed for. A new method of competition was instituted, first and second prizes being awarded on a basis of handicap performances, and the championship going to the man winning the greatest number of points on the basis of actual performance. The new method of computing points was used. The amateur record in each event making a standard of 100 points. There were seven competitors and the events were the running high jump, putting the sixteen pound shot, and the standing hop, step and jump. Shead won the first event, putting the shot 31 feet. He was handicapped 3 ft. 6 in. Hyler got second place his handicap being 3 ft. 6 in. Shead made 67 points and Hyler 64. Bloss won the hop step and jump, covering 27 ft. 5 in. with a handicap of 5 3-4 in. Moffit came in second. Bloss scored 92 and Moffit 91. Moffit won the high jump clearing 5 ft. 7 1-2 in. with one inch handicap. Shead got second place with a handicap of 6 in. Moffit scored 89 and Shead 85 points.