Theatres.

Tremont Theatre.

THE CHARITY BALL.The Charity Ball filled the Hollis Street Theatre last night when it began its second week. The play is light and of the kind to take, the setting is careful and handsome and the company a favorite. Messrs. Kelcey and Le Moyne carried off the honors for the men and Misses Cayvan and Crossman won the applause for the ladies. The Charity Ball has enjoyed an unusually successful run, which will end with next Saturday night's performance.

THE SOUDAN.The Soudan, with its wealth of scenic effects and melodramatic scenes began its sixth week last evening at the Boston Theatre. The excellencies of this play, which has been running to crowded houses since the middle of September, are too well known to need dwelling upon. That special feature of the third act, the return of the campaign worn veterans and the triumphant march around Trafalgar Square, never fails to elict the applause which it justly merits. The play will continue during the week.

MME. ANGOT."Mme. Angot" was presented by the Rudolph Arorson Opera Company at the Globe Theatre last evening. The opera, generally speaking, is not up to the standard of Arouson's former plays. The first act especially is slow and void of interest. The choruses and topical songs are commonplace and not especially taking. Camille Darville in the role of Mlle Lange is excellent, her singing, grace and ease being of the highest order. The waits between the acts are unnecessarily long and exceeingly tedious. The opera continues this week and next.