Appleton Chapel.

Rev. William Lawrence of Cambridge spoke last night on college life.

Human life is all a movement: it ought to be a forward movement. One part of it is as real as another. It is too common to consider college life simply as a mimic life intended to prepare men for realities which come later. Men who have graduated do not find their aims more worthy, nor their struggle more serious than those they had at college. Yet the feeling that education all comes before life begins makes it easier for some men to be tempted to waste the valuable present. A generation ago most of the preaching from the pulpit called attention to the future eternal life; now our ministers remind us of our present eternal life All college men are already in their life work and if it is worth while to live it is worth while to make the most of life. We all ought to make a forward movement day by day.

Rev. Alexander Mackenzie made a few remarks on Appleton Chapel and the. University preachers.

Rev. Brooke Herford said that the religious exercises of Appleton Chapel were uncommonly enthusiastic and sincere. It was always a great pleasure to him to attend the morning prayers and it will be henceforth a great privilege to conduct them.

Rev. Phillips Brooks said that there is a steady growth of religious earnestness in Harvard college.

The choir sang the following selections: Hymnal, Rejoice ye pure in heart; lanthem, Messiter; anthem, I will love Thee, O Lord My Strength, W. B. Gilbert; anthem, As now the Sun's Declining Rays, Barnby. J. D, Merrill, L. S., was the soloist.