Outing.

Outing's table of contents for April reveals a wide range of topics, from "Eskimo Whaling" to "The Athletics of Ancient Greece." The latter article is the one, perhaps, which would most interest college men. It is a concise compilation of all the information we have of the condition of athletics in ancient Greece, of the various favorite sports of the Greeks, of the records which were made. The whole article-and it is not a long one-is written in an easy, conversational style and numerous illustrations add to the interest of the narrative.

The Harvard cricketer will find much valuable information in Mr. Chadwick's "Cricket in the Metropolis." He says that not for the past twenty years has the noble game of cricket flourished in the metropolis as it did during last season, and thinks that the prospects for the coming season are of the brightest.

Captain Schuyler's last of a series of articles on "Evolution in Yacht Building" will appeal to the yachtsman and to the general reader who desires information on the subject. "The Wisconsin National Guard" is the title of a lengthy description by Captain Charles King, U. S. A., of the organization of the state militia of Wisconsin, and of its rapid advance in efficiency.

The fiction of the number is of that class which is familiarly known as "light and readable," the kind with which one beguiles away an hour or so on the cars. "An American Rosalind" shows more or less cleverness of plot. The verse of the number is not of the highest order.